Sunday, August 31, 2008

Night of the Living Dead 1968

Volumes have been written about the importance and impact of George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead.

It remains my favorite horror film of all time, and it led me to discover my favorite book of all time, I Am Legend, which the story was inspired by.

Here we are, 40 years after the film's release, and it hasn't lost any of its potentcy. Though it was a regular feature as a midnight movie in New York, and on the drive-in circuit around the country, I'm guessing that only a handful of you have seen it on the big screen.

The trailer for Dawn of the Dead describes Night as the "classic horror film of its time." I contend that it remains the classic horror film of all time.

We hope you will join us for our prime time screening to celebrate the 40th anniversary of this classic.

No comments: